Sentimental Rose is the name of the April kit, and it is quite beauty! I was sooo excited to see the stamp set and start playing with the new images.
Every month, the kits include enough supplies to create the designed projects. This month was no different...all subscribers get to create 9 cards and an adorable belly band for the acetate box to package up the finished cards and coordinating envelopes. The whole thing is just so pretty...all of the soft colors and subtle touches of embellishments speaks 'vintage' to me, which is very much my crafting style.
I couldn't bring myself to cut up the original card bases in this kit because I wanted to actually stamp and assemble the cards just the way the instructions laid out. Eeek! This only happens once in a blue moon. I fell in love with the original designs, so why change something that isn't broke, right?!!
The versatility of this stamp set is amazing!! I'm so excited to see that there is a sentiment to cover, at least, seven different occasions. And, look at all of the cool dimensions and shaded areas we can see on the rose and leaf images.
The ink color this month was Gray Granite, so I chose to make it the more prominent color for the cardbase. There were other coordinating colors mixed within the kit...Flirty Flamingo, Calypso Coral, So Saffron and Mint Macaron. The rose and leaf images really show off their Distinktive style textures...sooo pretty, no matter what color the rose is inked.
Sentimental Rose Belly Band
I created a Gray Granite belly band all dressed up with the Distinktive rose inked in Flirty Flamingo for one of our Striped Treat Bags (set to retire June 3rd, or while supplies last). The sentiment was inked in Gray Granite and stamped onto one of the tags that came with the kit.
FUN TIP: Add a touch of vellum Leaf punches to enhance the elegant appearance.
To get more inspiration for alternative ideas creating with the March Paper Pumpkin kit, make sure you visit the other A Paper Pumpkin Thing Group members' blogs to see what projects they have created to share with you. I'll be on your heals to soak in the new ideas and inspiration.
List of Hop Participants
This May, you’re in for a treat. Paper Pumpkin has teamed up with Shelli Gardner, Stampin’ Up!’s board chair and cofounder, to deliver you a very special Paper Pumpkin kit. It’s exclusive, collectible, and one of a kind. Die-hard Paper Pumpkin and Stampin’ Up! fans won’t want to miss this special edition.
The look and feel of this kit is all Shelli. It’s elegant, feminine, and so full of springtime details that you’ll probably just want to take a walk, breathe in the fresh air, and then go home and stamp every card in the kit. And the box it comes in? We predict that you’ll be keeping it . . . like . . . forever. Wait and see.
In addition to providing everything you need to make a pre-designed, all-inclusive project, we also have another goal in mind: to help you unlock and explore your creativity by introducing you to exciting and innovative products from Stampin’ Up!
If you can answer "Yes" to any of these questions, then Paper Pumpkin is the perfect solution for you!
- I want a creative escape but I don’t have a lot of time.
- I’m not sure I’m ready to commit to papercrafting, but I want to try it.
- I love to create but I don’t always feel creative.
- I need some fresh project ideas.
- How can I craft when I don’t have all the “crafting stuff” I need?
Go ahead....give it a 3-month, 6-month or 12-month test drive and get in on all the FUN!! If you end up not enjoying it (GASP!!), you can cancel your subscription. But, I'm sure you will be very happy and excited to see what the next month will bring you. Trust me! I've been a subscriber for almost 5 years and I get anxious to receive my little orange box in the mail near the middle of each month. **squeal**
- Retiring Stamp Sets — Some stamp sets will be returning with the new Cling Mount system. No Wood mount or Clear mount will be offered
- Retiring Bundles — Some stamp sets bundled with punches and dies will come back in new catalog as singles — no longer offered with a 10% discount
- Everything Else — Purchase ribbons, ink pads, designer series paper, cardstock, embellishments, etc. (while supplies last!)
- 2017-2019 In Colors — Inks, cardstock and designer series paper (while supplies last!)
FREE Tutorial Bundle with minimum purchase!! Click on the image to check out all the details
This bundled package is all jam packed with creative ideas using current Stampin' Up! products. YAY!! There are three ways you can get this Tutorial Bundle (a total of 12 tutorials, in all!) Click here to learn how you can earn this bundle for FREE! If you have any questions, simply email me!
Are you a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator?
These tutorials are a wonderful resource for your business. In this months Tutorial Bundle, you will find excellent ideas using brand new products from the Annual and Occasions catalogs. My project is featuring the To Have & To Hold stamp set.
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2018-19 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2019 Occasions Catalog
- Clearance Rack -- Select products up to 60% off!
- SHOP & Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Product Bundles
- PRINT & VIEW Annual Catalog Stampin' Up! Product Bundles (.pdf list)
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
What supplies do you need to create these lovely projects? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!