Every month, the kits include enough supplies to create the designed projects. This month was no different...all subscribers get to create 12 cards (3 each of 4 designs) that come with coordinating envelopes that are lined with designer paper. The whole ensemble is so down-to-earth using a combination of colors that mix well...Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Petal Pink, Pool Party, Pretty Peacock, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla.
I'm pretty sure the floral cardbase is my favorite pattern of the bunch, so I cut it down to help me dress up a 4" x 4" Crumb Cake cardbase. The original cards are 3-1/2" x 5", so I cut the card base in half at the 3-1/2" score line. (HINT: don't toss the back part of the card, we'll use it in a bit). The floral piece was trimmed from 5" to 3-5/8".
Look at all of those supplies you get with this kit! DANG!! You can't beat a $20 kit in the mail when you get a full set of stamps, ink and two types of adhesives!
The ink spot included in the kit is Early Espresso, so I couldn't help myself but add a little Copper Foil trim using the Flourish Thinlits Dies. To compliment the foil trim, the sentiment was inked with VersaMark onto Old Olive and heat set with the Heat Tool. I added a fun trick with the sentiment inked with Early Espresso onto Petal Pink cardstock...add the strip to the Old Olive piece and die cut both sentiments together using the Stitched Nested Labels Dies. It helps add a little contrast to the sentiment message.
Hugs from Shelli "Hello" Card
Since I cut one of the card bases in half, it left me with the back section of the card (plain Very Vanilla) to design another card. We'll get a 2-for-1 set of cards with one card base! YAY! The floral print is the leftover from cutting down the front part of the cardbase...so, technically, you could say this card is filled with leftovers.
FUN TIP: Before tossing the negative to any edgelits-type of die cut, check to see if it could fit with another project. That's what I did with the Copper Foil scalloped flourish die...fits perfect all lined up with the floral print, don't you think?!!
The sentiment was inked with VersaMark, stamped directly on the Very Vanilla layer, covered with Copper Embossing powder and set with the Heat Tool. I used one of the new Stitched Nested Labels Dies to cut out the sentiment and then pop it up using Stampin' Dimensionals to set back in place.
To get more inspiration for alternative ideas creating with the March Paper Pumpkin kit, make sure you visit the other A Paper Pumpkin Thing Group members' blogs to see what projects they have created to share with you. I'll be on your heals to soak in the new ideas and inspiration.
List of Hop Participants
In addition to providing everything you need to make a pre-designed, all-inclusive project, we also have another goal in mind: to help you unlock and explore your creativity by introducing you to exciting and innovative products from Stampin’ Up!
If you can answer "Yes" to any of these questions, then Paper Pumpkin is the perfect solution for you!
- I want a creative escape but I don’t have a lot of time.
- I’m not sure I’m ready to commit to papercrafting, but I want to try it.
- I love to create but I don’t always feel creative.
- I need some fresh project ideas.
- How can I craft when I don’t have all the “crafting stuff” I need?
Go ahead....give it a 3-month, 6-month or 12-month test drive and get in on all the FUN!! If you end up not enjoying it (GASP!!), you can cancel your subscription. But, I'm sure you will be very happy and excited to see what the next month will bring you. Trust me! I've been a subscriber for almost 5 years and I get anxious to receive my little orange box in the mail near the middle of each month. **squeal**
- Retiring Stamp Sets — Some stamp sets will be returning with the new Cling Mount system. No Wood mount or Clear mount will be offered
- Retiring Bundles — Some stamp sets bundled with punches and dies will come back in new catalog as singles — no longer offered with a 10% discount
- Everything Else — Purchase ribbons, ink pads, designer series paper, cardstock, embellishments, etc. (while supplies last!)
- 2017-2019 In Colors — Inks, cardstock and designer series paper (while supplies last!)
FREE Tutorial Bundle with minimum purchase!! Click on the image to check out all the details
This bundled package is all jam packed with creative ideas using current Stampin' Up! products. YAY!! There are three ways you can get this Tutorial Bundle (a total of 12 tutorials, in all!) Click here to learn how you can earn this bundle for FREE! If you have any questions, simply email me!
Are you a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator?
These tutorials are a wonderful resource for your business. In this months Tutorial Bundle, you will find excellent ideas using brand new products from the Annual and Occasions catalogs. My project is featuring the To Have & To Hold stamp set.
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2018-19 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2019 Occasions Catalog
- Clearance Rack -- Select products up to 60% off!
- SHOP & Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Product Bundles
- PRINT & VIEW Annual Catalog Stampin' Up! Product Bundles (.pdf list)
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
What supplies do you need to create these lovely projects? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!