After a long week of snow, ice and below freezing weather, today's sunshine brought us some happy hours of 35 degrees. WooHOOO! The only good thing about the bitter cold weather is that it is much easier to stay indoors to play with my stamps, ink and paper. Teehehehe Today's card share is the last card from my Stamp Out Breast Cancer class. I 'borrowed' another card layout from Selene Kempton, but this time I changed the orientation and added a couple of brush strokes and dry embossing, and VOILA! I do have to say that this one is my all-time favorite of the bunch.
- Cherry Cobbler is such a rich color by itself, and adding the crispness of Whisper White makes me think of a ballroom gown....don't know why (LOL)...simply exquisite!
- Learning to improvise just adds to the fun of being creative. For instance, check out the Blushing Bride Ribbon of Hope....stamped with one of the Work of Art images....simple and amazing!
- LOVE the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder and how it adds a subtle level of dimension...all with the help of my dearest friend....the Big Shot Die-cutting Machine!
- Another tool that is never absent from my creation station are our wonderful punches. They definitely make life a whole lot easier. A couple of Blossom Punches make a wonderful frame for the sentiment. Stamp sets are Daydream Medallion (inked in Blushing Bride) and Something to Say (inked in Cherry Cobbler).
- Ribbons are my favorite accessory (one might even say that I hoard my ribbons...LOL) and the 1/4" Whisper White Cotton Ribbon is YUM-MEEEEE! Just the right touch of softness to fit the tone of this card.
You know, Cancer sucks, and there are NUMEROUS types of cancer, having a variety of colors. The most exciting part about this card is that the Ribbon of Hope ink color can be altered to recognize and support of any particular type of cancer. If you know of someone recently diagnosed or has been fighting the battle....make them a set of Thank You cards....not only will it put a smile on the patient's face, but they will be able to send out a gesture of thanks for any and all support they have received from family and friends. Whether it be bringing over home cooked meals, driving them to Dr. appointments, helping clean the house or mow the yard, or any other helpful deed, this card alone will surely express an overwhelming "Thank You" for all your support.
There is a list of awareness ribbons and the meaning behind the awareness ribbon depends on its color or colors. Many groups have adopted ribbons as symbols of support or awareness, and as a result, many causes often share each color. Some causes may also be represented by more than one color. For a quick reference of the ribbon colors and their significance, click here.
Lori's Stampin' Up! Promotion Reminders
- Join my Stampin' Up! team!
- $99 Demo Kit – Traditional Starter Kit – $125 product value
- Join me at www.mypaperpumpkin.com and get your Paper Pumpkin Kit delivered right to your door every month. Don't forget....the subscription will ask for a Demonstrator's name....I'd love it if you chose me...Lori Mueller, as your Demonstrator.
- Weekly Deals: New deals come out every Tuesday and expire the following Monday
- Shop the Clearance Rack for bargains up to 80% off! New additions to the list....get them while supplies last!
- Stampin' Rewards = Free products with $150+ orders.
- Check out the latest downloads for My Digital Studio, these can now be added to Customer and Workshop orders!
May God Bless You and Your Family!!