Hello my crafty stamper friends! Welcome to my stop on the Creative Inking Blog Hop for the month of October! I am so very thankful that you are here to visit me and to check out what creative share I have for you this month. Sooo, this month's theme is "Thankfulness", and you know, I have so much to be thankful for that my list is forever long. As of yesterday, I had not a clue where to start my card crafting...I was lacking some inspiration. That was until I received an update about a dear friend....a former high school business and Spanish teacher, my mentor and role model, who has taken a turn for the worse with her loooong battle with Pancreatic cancer. She has been battling since 2003, all the while, with a positive outlook, upbeat and cheerful attitude, and a strong faith in our Dear Lord knowing that her life resides in the palm of his hands. When I set out to craft last night, "Mrs. Stephens" was weighing heavily on my heart and mind as the family was arranging for Hospice care. She is a beautiful woman who has touched and 'stamped' her amazing inspiration of love for life onto SO many individuals throughout the years. <3 May God gently bring home an amazing Angel. <3
You may be starting from here at my blog, Lori Mueller - Stampin' Dreams, or you may have come here from the talented Sandy Mott's blog. Please be sure to click the 'Next' button (found below) to move along the Creative Inking blog hop. If you get off track at any time, the full line up below will help you move along from blog to blog. So, based on the wonderful memories of a former teacher and continued inspiration from my friend, here is what I came up with.
I am in love with a new product in the Holiday catalog, Stampin' Up!s newest Seasonal Decorative Masks found on page 43, to create a soft, whimsical background that reminds me of country wheat fields....topped with images from the Acorny Thank You stamp set.
- The card base is a non-traditional size measuring 4-1/4" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4" to make it a perfect 4-1/4" square card.
- Position the Decorative mask over the front of the cardbase and ink up a Stampin' sponge using Tip Top Taupe and swirl the inked sponge over the area. Continue reinking your sponge and swirling to get the desired coverage and darkness of the pattern onto your card front.
- The strip of Soft Sky cardstock was embossed using the Sparkle Textured Embossing Folder and the Bigshot. Adhere to the cardbase using Fast Fuse or Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
The main focal point is made up of a Gold Foil Doily that is flipped over to show the white side of the Doily. The Gold Foil was a little bold when set against the sponged background. Add a strip of 5/8" Burlap Ribbon that has been banner cut on the ends using Fast Fuse. Stamp the Acorn images using Soft Sky and Sweet Sugarplum inks, punch out using the Acorn Builder Punch and set on the "messy" burlap strand using Stampin' Dimensionals. Top it off with the Wild Wasabi sentiment banner, hand cut using Paper Snips and adhered to the acorn.
I am so "Thankful" to have all the memories of laughter, academic mentoring, and inspiration of hope to live life to the fullest...all with an amazing woman whom I will cherish forever in my heart. I love how stamping allows me to be free to express my thoughts and feelings with paper, ink and a few embellishments and tools. I hope you will be inspired to create for that special someone in your life today. Next stop on the hop is Dena Rekow ...I know she will have some amazing creation to share with you, too. Click on the 'Next' button and you'll be at your next stop. If you get lost or sidetracked, please come on back and follow the list of participants shown below. Have fun filling your inspiration bucket...don't forget to come back real soon. :)
Creative Inking Blog Hoppers
Get the biggest bang for your buck when you shop and combine any of the specials/sales with your non-sale items.
Designer Series Paper Sale
During the entire month of October, you can buy three packages of Designer Series Paper and get one FREE! Yes, you heard me correctly...Buy 3, Get 1 FREE!! squeal That’s great news since everyone can use more Designer Series Paper, right?!! Check out the full details on this flyer, and don’t let yourself miss this great opportunity to save. Share this great paper sale with your papercrafting friends, too!
• Promotion period: October 1–31, 2016
• All order types qualify for this promotion.
• There is no limit to how many times participants can buy three packages of Designer Series Paper and get one free during this promotion.
• Specialty Designer Series Paper and Designer Series Paper Stacks do not qualify for this promotion and cannot be redeemed through this offer.
• Designer Series Paper purchased with Stampin’ Rewards or the Stampin’ Rewards 50%-off perk does not qualify for this promotion.
• Designer Series Paper purchased as part of a Starter Kit does not qualify for this promotion.
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2016-17 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2016-17 Holiday Catalog online
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 60% off
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Holiday Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code YBVGW4P2 to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create this card? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!