I know, I know!! How many Anniversaries can one person have? Well, this year is filled with lots of them for me....my 6th year as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and also reaching 5 years as a Breast Cancer survivor. WOOT!! I am SO excited to be able to continue sharing life with my family and friends and everyone that I've met through my blog, emails, vendor & craft fairs, stamp classes/camps, Stampin' Up! Convention....and, the list never ends. I appreciate everyone of you that has entered my life!
Every year, I have a special "Stamp Out Breast Cancer" stamping class with 3 really beautiful creations. This first card was inspired by someone on the internet....probably through Pinterest, but I can't find it now. I know that I changed up the colors to incorporate the pinks designated to Breast Cancer awareness, and what better stamp set than the Petite Petals stamp set and coordinating Petite Petals punch. I am in love with the warm, earthy colors of our Naturals Ivory and Strawberry Slush. YUM!
Follow me down Creation Lane.....
- The background stamping is using an image from the Work of Art stamp set inked in Strawberry Slush and Baked Brown Sugar. Once the image was inked, I did stamp off once onto scrap paper, then huffed the rubber stamp and then stamped onto the Naturals Ivory layer. If you look at this stamp, you will see that it really is shorter than what you see. Once I did the first row, I turned the stamp 180 degrees and did another row, and stamped over top of the bottom portion of the first row so that I extended it to fit the rest of the Petite Petals arrangement.
- I love how the Naturals 5/8" Chevron Ribbon is all set up for me to trim into an arrow....I know, that's cheating, right?!!
- To add more 'pink' accents, I added some of our Thick Strawberry Slush Baker's Twine that was placed in loops in not particular fashion....just whatever way you want to position them.
- Smothered with Petite Petals flowers that were stamped on each of Very Vanilla, Naturals Ivory and Baked Brown Sugar and topped with some beautiful pearls.
- The last little touch to hit the card creation was some of our new Essentials Wooden Elements that were added with Stampin' Dimensionals.
This layout renders almost any occasion. I chose to use the word "Congratulations" from the Something To Say stamp set because I was going to create a large number of this card and send off to the many Breast Cancer Survivors I have met along my journey.
If you liked the Pink creation, check out the very quick transition of colors and sentiments for this next version. Yep!! Boss's Day was the next day and my brain was not working to create anything unique. The sentiment is an old stamp that I've had in my stash (pssst....not a Stampin' Up! sentiment....please don't turn me in!) Instead of Strawberry Slush, I used Pistashio Pudding. SO easy and CUTE!!
ALTERATION NOTE: It was to my surprise that the Essentials Wooden Elements only had 4 of the wooden arrows. Soooo, I had to improvise. I kept all of the Chevron punches from this card....(Yes, I'm a clepto), sponged the edges a bit with Crumb Cake and popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals. LOVE it!
In Celebration of my Stampin' Up! Anniversary
I have BLOG CANDY for you!!
Enter Giveaway to Win!
Place an online order of $50 or more in my Stampin' Up! store
1 winner will be randomly selected from all orders placed in my online store
between now and Tuesday, November 4, 2015 at midnight CST.
Enter Hostess Code: AQHGUC6Z
WINNER ANNOUNCED ON Thursday, November 6 on my blog!
- Toxic Treats set (clear mount)
- printer's tray,
- and all the goodies you need to make this boo-tiful project.
- *Project kit does not include ink
Need some more ideas of how to convert your Printers Tray to decorate for other holidays? Check out these samples.
I loved this layout so much that I did create more using Coastal Cabana and Cantaloupe Crisp. **squeal**
May God Bless You and Your Family!!