Welcome to our One Stamp At A Time Blog Hop for the month of February. You may be starting from here at my blog, Lori Mueller - Stampin' Dreams, or you may have come here from Jeanna Bohanon's blog. However it is that you found me...I am excited with your visit!! Please be sure to click the 'Next' button at the end of this post so that you get to enjoy the next set of inspiring projects as you travel through the blog hop. If you get off track at any time, the full line up below will help you move along from blog to blog.
This month's theme is called "Love Is In The Air", which can mean a couple of things....wedding, anniversary...or, the most common, Valentine's Day. It's hard to believe that this holiday that has a love/hate relationship with people is just around the corner. What plans do you have on Sunday, February 14th? Well, I did venture my crafty shares towards the Valentine holiday...puleeeeeze don't hate me! I think you will be pleasantly surprised that my creations can be used for a wedding, anniversary, or for that 'anytime' occasion. Let's take a peek.
See, it's not all lovey-dovey. It can be given to any loved one during anytime of the year. :) Now, let's see how I created it:
- The focal panel is Watercolor Paper layered onto a piece of Mint Macaron. I used the Project Life stamp set called Memories in the Making. I inked the swirly circles in Versa Mark and Clear Embossed so that when I watercolored using Rose Red ink, it would hold (be translucent) the color of the Watercolor paper. If I had used White embossing powder, I think it would have been too bright for the overall tone of my card, don't you think?
- The Watercolor Technique....I layed the watercolor paper on a paper towel and heavily misted it with water using my Stampin' Spritzer. I had already put a drop of reinker in the lid of my Rose Red ink pad because I then took my Aqua Painter and lifted a 'little' amount of the reinker and touched it to the puddles of water setting on the paper. I say to start with a 'little' amount of ink because you can always add more, but you can't take away. When I felt like I had enough color on the paper, I let it set to dry. NOTE: do not use a papertowel to blot up the excess water. By doing so, you will also soak up the ink that is mixed with the water. If you forget and use the paper towel, you will want to start over (spritzing, adding ink, letting it set to dry completely).
- We all know how much I love dimension, so I pulled out the heart die strip from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits dies and layered a strip of Rose Red cardstock with a scrap piece of Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper from the Occasions catalog.
- A Very Vanilla Heart punch is layered with the Rose Red 'xoxo' die from the Circle Card Thinlits set with strips of White 1-1/4" Jute Ribbon. The ensemble was popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals and set into place. A few Blushing Bride sequences were scattered on the card to help balance out the look.
- Not sure if you can tell by the picture (click on it to enlarge), but I used Wink of Stella on the 'xoxo'. It was hard to get a good picture of that, but in real life, it is uber sparkly. LOVE that stuff!
NOTE: You'll want to use the Stampin' Heat Tool to help dry the large amount of water that was spritzed onto the watercolor paper. Use the low heat setting...you don't want to rush it. Also, it won't make your Watercolor Paper bow/warp as much.
My 3D item is a cute Rose Red Baker's Box using the Baker's Box Thinlits die. I dressed it up with pieces of Love Blossom Designer Series paper stack found in the Occasions catalog. To polish off this creation, I dressed up the handle with a tag similar to the embellishments on the card...tying it all together with the colors and papers used on the front of the card.
- Eva Bussom
- Pam Tetreault
- Kelly Acheson
- Martie Pollard
- Wynne Grob
- Elizabeth Jeanne
- Renee Ondrajka
- Alisa Tilsner
- Maria Willis
- Tina Riddle
- Megan Thompson
- Melissa Davies
- Sara Levin
- AJ Bodine
- Dena Rekow -
- Justin K -
- Andrea Tracy-Tucker -
- Marisa Gunn -
- Anna Smith -
- Jeanna Bohanon -
- Lori Mueller <= You are here
Get the biggest bang for your buck when you shop and combine any of the specials/sales with your non-sale items. Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2015-16 Catalog online
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 80% off
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Save 15% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Subscribe to a Paper Pumpkin
- Lori's Catalog Product Shares: to review your options Download CatalogProductShares-2015-2016
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code WM2AEEMS to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
What supplies do you need to create this card? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!