Welcome to another One Stamp AT a Time (OSAT) Design Team Blog Hop! There are 20 of us from around the States who will be sharing our handmade projects with you this month. All you need to do to follow along is click on the link at the bottom of each post.
For this blog hop, we are focusing our projects on nicer weather and sunny days...in other words...Spring has Sprung! I’m really glad we were given this theme for this hop because I am in desperate need of some bright sunny days and warmer weather. You see, my husband is a thermostat control freak! He is warm (HOT) blooded and can handle the colder temperature better than me. ugh!!
So, what did I do to celebrate the Spring-like weather we are getting these days? I thought it was good to pull out my Wildflower Fields designer series paper that I got as a FREE Sale-A-Bration gift with a qualifying product order; and my Suite Sayings stamp set found on page 41 in the Occasions catalog. I absolutely LOVE all 10 sentiments in that set! Plus, since my hubby keeps undoing my change to the thermostat (it's hooked to wifi!), I thought it was only fitting that I include some "Hello Honey" cardstock in my creation. *giggle*
- The card base is a half sheet of Whisper White cardstock (5-1/2" x 8-1/2") scored at 4-1/4".
- I love the Wildflower Fields Designer Series paper pack! There is not a bad (or ugly) design in the pack. The colors in the pack focus on Basic Black, Blackberry Bliss, Calypso Coral, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Old Olive, and Whisper White. I'm hitting 3 of those listed...two are from the Neutrals Color family. Setting the mood for Spring, Hello Honey is a nice muted yellow and looks very striking with the Basic Black cardock used to matte the patterned paper and the sentiment layer. die cut using the Tags & Labels Framelits
- The Hello Honey die cut circle was needing a little something. I have a really hard time leaving some surfaces untouched, clean, untextured, so I inked up the speckled image from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set with Hello Honey ink, stamped off the first time onto scratch paper, then stamped a 2nd time onto the circle. The reason I stamped off first is because I did not want the speckles to over power the floral image of the designer paper. This technique is called Tone-on-Tone stamping.
- I really love the Hello Honey striped ribbon. It is a rustic style ribbon (right up my alley), but so soft and easy to tie knots and bows with. LOVE it!! I wrapped it around the Basic Black Tags & Labels Framelit die and tied it off with a fiber from the 1-1/4" Jute Ribbon.
- The sentiment comes from the Suite Sayings stamp set and was inked using my Basic Black and Hello Honey Stampin' Write markers to coordinate with the color scheme of my card. If you don't have any of our markers, you really need to get you some! Just sayin'! To compensate for the bulkiness of the ribbon, I added Stampin' Dimensionals to the sentiment (also cut using the Tags & Labels Framelits) so that the little bundle lays smooth.
My Spring-y creative project is a super simple one using Stampin' Up!'s 4 x 6 Cello bags. I bought a huge bag of Starburst jelly beans to use for several treat bag projects, and the yellow ones were the left-overs. haha So, what better way than to color the sentiment from the Sunburst Sayings stamp set with some Stampin' Write markers (Hello Honey, Tangerine Tango, and Bermuda Bay) to create a tag that coordinated with the leftover Yellow jelly beans? The tag was created using the Label Bracket, 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" Circle punches and stuck to the front of the bag using a Stampin' Dimensional. The ribbon is from the Occasions catalog...1/8" Bermuda Bay Stitched Ribbon and is LOVELY!! So soft and easy to work with.
Well, on that note, I think that Spring has Sprung!! You’re ready to hop on over to Sara Levin’s blog. I always love seeing what she makes! If you prefer to work your way backwards, you can jump back to Andrea Tracy-Tucker’s blog. Either way, be sure to work your way through all of the blogs so you don’t miss a thing!
- Pam Tetreault
- Alisa Tilsner
- Melissa Davies
- Anna Smith
- Tina Riddle
- AJ Bodine
Christine Pennington (Guest designer) -
- Megan Thompson
- Justin Krieger
- Dena Rekow
- Andrea Tracy-Tucker
- Lori Mueller <-- You are HERE
- Sara Levin
- Kelly Acheson
- Elizabeth Jeanne
- Jeanna Bohanon
- Marisa Gunn
- Renee Ondrajka
- Martie Hillyer
Please holler if you have any questions. I love and appreciate your comments.
If you are on Facebook, I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
UPCOMING RETIREMENT: If you are in love with the In Colors that were released in 2014, you are going to want to make sure that you get stocked up on cardstock (comes in 8-1/2x11 and 12x12), ink pads, Stampin' Write Markers, Designer Series Paper Stack, coordinating ribbons and embellishments, AND reinkers for those ink pads. Nothing is more disappointing than pulling out an ink pad and no way to juice it up if you forgot to order the coordinating reinker! Eeeek! These GORGEOUS colors are set to retire May 31st, or while supplies last once the Retirement List is released. Don't miss out!
SALE-A-BRATION AND 50/50 BOARD UPDATES
My special Sale-A-Bration Celebration invitation list is growing! SQUEAL!! It doesn't take much to earn your ticket! Jump on board REAL soon because there are only THREE (3) weeks left to Sale-A-Brate and earn free gifts from Stampin' Up!. Plus, earn your ticket and have some fun with me as I spoil you with food and gifts...I have a wonderful afternoon planned.
Get your exclusive invitation to this event by doing one of the following:
- Spend $150 with me during Sale-A-Bration (January 5th – March 31st)
- Host a party, workshop or private class during Sale-A-Bration (Hostesses earn $25 MORE* during Sale-A-Bration!)
- Join my Stampin' Up! Family during Sale-A-Bration between January-March
*Your party must reach a minimum of $250 in sales to qualify for the extra hostess dollars
I am sooo excited that the 50/50 board is almost filled! Since this picture was taken, a few numbers have been chosen. YEAH!! Don't know what the 50/50 Board is? Check out the details here. You are going to want to get your name on the board....but, don't delay! Sale-A-Bration ends in 3 short weeks (March 31, 2016).
THERE ARE SEVERAL MORE WAYS TO SAVE ON STAMPIN’ UP!
- Sale-A-Bration – Earn a free gift for every $50 you spend ($50 = 1 free, $100 = 2 free, $150 = 3 free, etc.)
- Paper Pumpkin – $55 for 3 months + a FREE Sale-A-Bration gift!
- 15% Off Bundles – Save moolah when you pair up a coordinating stamp set with a select tool
- $99 Starter Kit (the Ultimate Stampin’ Up! Bundle – I highly encourage hobby stampers & papercrafters to purchase the kit -- why not get your favorite products at a great discount?)!
- Clearance Rack – up to 60% off
JUST RELEASED – SAVE 25% on Stampin’ Up! Weekly Deals -- March 8-14, 2016
Happy, Happy Birthday to Paper Pumpkin!!
Will you get your special Anniversary Paper Pumpkin Kit this month? It’s not too late to receive your own Paper Pumpkin kit and help Celebrate 3 years of fun! You’ll receive the special celebration kit this month as long as you create your account by the end of the day Thursday, March 10th. Click HERE to subscribe.
Right now when you purchase a 3-, 6-, or 12-month Prepaid Subscription you can earn FREE Sale-a-bration products, too! The giving just never ends!