Hello, hello crafty stamper friends! I'm so happy that you are here to check out our Creative Inking Blog Hop for the month of March! How many of you have strips and scraps of Designer Series Paper that are left overs from another project? If you say 'no me', then I need to be following you to see what you do with them. HaHa!! If you say "Me-Me-Me", then I have a GREAT project that you are going to love! In fact, that is this month's theme...showcasing Stampin' Up!'s amazing designer series paper. I couldn't believe how easy this card came together AND helped me use up some of my extra pieces of 2016-2018 In Color Designer Series Paper stack. WOOT!! I can't wait to show you!
You may be starting from here at my blog, Lori Mueller - Stampin' Dreams, or you may have come here from the talented Sandy Mott's blog. Please be sure to click the 'Next' button (found below) to move along the Creative Inking blog hop. If you get off track at any time, the full line up below will help you move along from blog to blog.
I was creating projects for a card class last week featuring the Beautiful You stamp set and all of the 2016-2018 In Colors (Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach, and Sweet Sugarplum). I love all of the colors independently, but incorporating them all into one project was super exciting!
- Due to the weight of the cardstock, plus designer series paper, plus the focal point, I chose to use the Whisper White Thick cardstock as my base. It measures 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4".
- The Designer Paper strips were all leftovers from another project and I purposely chose to matte them with contrasting colored cardstock from the same 2016-2018 In Color family. Can you see how I'm showcasing all 4 different patterns from the paper stack? Mounting them with a contrasting In Color really brings out the vibrant color of the different patterns.
The image was watercolored using a Stampin' Up! Aqua Painter brush and Sweet Sugarplum ink. Now the focal point can be matted on any of the In Color choices, but I selected Peekaboo Peach and die cut it out using the Stitched Shapes Circle Framelits. Add Stampin' Dimensionals to the back and wait to apply.
The key to eliminating frustration for placement of the matted strips is to set your layers (without adhesives on the back) onto the card front until you reach the desired spacing. THEN add your focal point with dimensionals to the center of the layered strips. TIP: Make sure to add more than just a couple of dimensionals to the back of the focal circle so that you are sure to 'catch' all matted layers. Flip the whole ensemble to add your favorite adhesive to the back. I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue as I knew that there would be no budging of layers if my Fast Fuse or Snail wasn't working correctly.
Ink up the sentiment from the Beautiful You stamp set using Archival Basic Black ink, stamp and die cut using the Stitched Shapes Square Framelit die. Only add a dimensional to the lower corner so that it sets equal height to the center focal image.
I chose not to add any other embellishments due to all of the designs in the various designer series paper. The centering the stamped image focal point helps tone down the busy-ness of the various patterns, but still pulls them together into a nice arrangement..
And, there is my rendition for using up those left-over pieces of Designer Series Paper. I am sooo pleased with how it came together. Because I have many more strips to use up, I plan to make a few more of these cards but want to change the colors of the focal point circle and watercoloring. I hope you will give it a try.
I'm anxious to jump on this "Designer Series Paper Showcase" to grab my own inspiration from the rest of the group. You'll want to make sure and hop on over to Dena Rekow's blog...she is one creative cookie, I tell you. Click on the 'Next' button and you'll be at your next stop. If you get lost or sidetracked, please come on back and follow the list of participants shown below. Have fun filling your inspiration bucket...don't forget to come back real soon. :)
Creative Inking Blog Hoppers
Have you earned your ticket to my event? Hurry, time is running out!
Sale-A-Bration Celebration is an exclusive FREE event!
Get your exclusive invitation to this event by doing one of the following:
Everyone that subscribes to a 3-month or 6-month Prepaid Subscription using the Hostess Code FPSJQKKT will receive an equal share of the Stampin' Rewards earned. PLUS, you'll earn the FREE Sale-A-Bration gift(s), too! So, the more Stampin' Rewards we earn, the more rewards in free product I will pass on to YOU! Online shopping code Ends March 31st.
If you are so excited to start receiving Paper Pumpkin in your mailbox and want a full year (12-month prepaid) subscription, you will want to keep all of the Stampin' Rewards for yourself. **squeal**
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2016-17 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2017 Occasions Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2017 Sale-A-Bration Catalog online
- Clearance Rack -- Select products up to 60% off!
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Occasions Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create this project? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!
Product List for Beautiful You – Designer Series Paper Card